We know that if you’ve never leased a vehicle, there are some things that might be confusing. Even if you have previously leased a vehicle, you might still have some questions. At Lexus of Silver Spring, we want to make the Lexus leasing process as simple and transparent as possible. We’ve come up with some of our most frequently asked questions about leasing a vehicle and provided answers below. Have a question that’s not on the page? Fill out the form below and we’ll be happy to answer it.
- Q: WHAT’S MY MILEAGE LIMIT?
- A: Your mileage limit can be found in your Lexus lease contract. It is important that you don’t go over your contracted mileage limit, as you could face additional charges.
- Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I MOVE?
- A: If you move to a different state, your monthly lease payment could change depending on the state’s tax requirements. If you do move, you are required by your lease contract to let us know your new address. Lexus makes it easy to change your address by logging in to your online account or by contacting customer service.
- Q: WHAT’S MY MATURITY DATE?
- A: A maturity date is when your Lexus lease contract ends. Refer to your contract to find out how much longer you have to enjoy your current Lexus.
- Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF “EXCESSIVE WEAR AND USE” OCCURS?
- A: We know that when driving a vehicle, some wear and scratches can occur. However, if your leased Lexus is returned with excessive wear, use or mileage, you may be subject to additional charges. We do offer a complimentary pre-inspection service, so you can make an informed decision on whether there is anything you want to repair prior to your maturity date. We recommend you visit our service department 15-60 days prior to the maturity of your lease. You can schedule service at Lexus of Silver Spring online.
- Q: WHAT IS A DISPOSITION FEE?
- A: The disposition fee covers the reconditioning costs it takes for your Lexus to look great for its next owner. If you lease or finance another car through Lexus Financial Services however, this fee may be waived.
- Q: HOW OFTEN DO I NEED TO SCHEDULE MAINTENANCE?
- A: To keep your Lexus running like new, be sure to follow the Lexus Maintenance Schedule. If your Lexus is due for recommended maintenance, you can schedule a service appointment online at Lexus of Silver Spring.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT LEASING YOUR NEW LEXUS TODAY!