How Often Should You Rotate Your Tires?
Wondering how often you should rotate your tires? While you can check your owner’s manual for the exact figures on your make and model, generally every 5,000 to 7,500 miles works for when to rotate your tires. If you’re still curious about when to rotate your tires and all that this service encompasses, rely on the service department at DARCARS Lexus of Silver Spring for Lexus service information!
Why Rotate Your Tires?
Rotating your tires is a simple way to keep up with routine maintenance and help extend the life of your tires. Additionally, though, tire rotation provides the following benefits:
- Improves traction on the Springfield roads
- Alleviates noise on the road
- Relieves stress on the drivetrain of your vehicle
Overall, tire rotation will better prepare you for your every Columbia drive regardless of weather conditions. Be sure to include regular tire rotations as part of your vehicle’s maintenance plan. Need replacement Lexus tires? We can help out with that as well!
Rotating Tires: FWD vs. RWD Vehicles
Tire rotation schedule depends on whether you have a front-wheel or rear-wheel drive vehicle. This FWD vs. RWD designation tells you where the power from the engine is sent.
- If you drive a front-wheel drive car, power is sent to the front tires.
- If you drive a rear-wheel drive car, power is sent to the rear tires.
This essentially means that tires that take on the majority of the engine power will wear out more quickly.
Tire Rotation Tips
Whether you drive a FWD or RWD vehicle, keep these tire rotation tidbits in mind:
- Regardless of FWD or RWD designation, you need to get your tires rotated every 5,000 to 7,500 miles. Consult your vehicle’s owner’s manual for exact figures.
- Performing a FWD tire rotation at home? You’ll want to flip sides when moving to the rear tires. For example, the right tire will go on the front left. But when you move the front tires to the rear, you will keep them on the same side.
- When rotating the tires on a RWD vehicle, you will simply invert the above process! Flip sides when you move the front tires to the back, but keep rear tires on the same side when you move them forward.
- You’ll also want to account for how you drive. If you off-road regularly, for example, this affects how often you need to rotate your tires.
Feel free to get in touch with the service experts at DARCARS Lexus of Silver Spring near Rockville to create a maintenance schedule that suits your exact driving habits!
Rotating AWD Tires
Wondering how many miles to rotate tires if you have an AWD vehicle? Each tire will wear differently on these models — and at different speeds. Service experts recommend rotating AWD tires roughly every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. However, you’ll still want to consult your owner’s manual for your specific vehicle! If you’re unsure of the last time you rotated your tires, schedule service at our Washington-area service department today! We will inspect your vehicle to check if it is in need of a tire rotation.
Rely on DARCARS Lexus of Silver Spring For Tire Rotations & More!
Whether you’re wondering when to rotate your tires or need more oil changes in Silver Spring, rely on our service experts at DARCARS Lexus of Silver Spring! Our team is happy to help you with both routine maintenance or major repairs. Be sure to take a look at our rotating service specials before stopping by! Interested in the upcoming Washington Auto Show, want to check out our Lexus Enform technology, the Lexus RX 350 interior, our Lexus accessories, compare the Lexus RX vs. Toyota Highlander, check out the fun things to do at the National Mall in D.C., learn how we’re fighting against COVID-19, how to fix scratches on a car, or want to take a tour of Washington, D.C.? We can help you learn more!